<VV> YH woes [ mileage ]

Kirby Smith kirbyasmith at gwi.net
Tue Apr 26 08:53:15 EDT 2005

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 4/25/2005 7:49:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> kirbyasmith at gwi.net writes:
>

>>When new, my 66 turbo with Carter YH ran around 18 mpg combined town/hwy

> *******
>
> Right...with junk / stock   no advance distributor!
>

> Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V
> 69 Monza Cpe., 66 Monza vert, 65 Crown v8 Cpe.
> Somewhere between Reno, NV and Coos Bay, Or.

Yes.  I was establishing a data point for those who didn't buy their
turbos new.  While I do have a Dale advance/retard distributor, that
setup with Weber 45DCOE have not yet been run.  In any case, I intend
for the Weber to be converted to progressive throttle actuation before
the car gets back on the street.

kirby