<VV> RE: STOCK VS _____ WHEELS

artonwheels at cox.net artonwheels at cox.net
Mon Aug 1 13:26:37 EDT 2005

Hi ron,

I also have a 66 convt w/ 13” spoke wheels, and just picked up a set of 15x7 vintage torque thrusts.  I love the look and am planning to put them on 205-60’s all around (tire size decision based on plenty of previous vv member input)
I debated on the switch as well, but bottom line, I wanted a sportier period-correct look and better handling – plus I actually needed to go a little bigger to accommodate a deeper than stock oil pan
if you’re interested, I dropped a couple of pix on my weblog “Corvair-itis   http://bloggercrab.com/blogs/?u=artonwheels
top entry shows wheel pix from American racing’s website, and if you scroll down to 6/14 & 5/23 entries there’s a couple pix of my vair - currently with the spokes, BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!

vairy best,
rod, 66 monza convt...

Rod Murray
Art On Wheels - Personalized Artwork and Graphic Designs for YOUR car.  Frame YOUR Classic!
1-949-713-9132
www.artonwheels.NET
check out our blog at http://www.bloggercrab.com/blogs/?u=artonwheels