<VV> Re: Gas overflow

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Aug 1 15:00:43 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/30/05 1:00:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dougmackintosh at yahoo.com writes:
I just went outside and saw a puddle of gasoline under my '62 daily driver
just behind the front wheel.  It was dribbling out of the drain tube from
the
gas door pocket.  I opened the gas door and removed the gas cap and
gasoline ran
out until it was level with the top of the filler.  I replaced the cap and
left it a few minutes, then observed that it was still dribbling (less) and
again removed the cap and had it run out.  What would cause this?  I've
never had
this happen before!

Thanks

-- Doug Mackintosh

  Corsa member since 1996Your car is one if the rare versions that has
learned how to "make" gas.

Hang on to it.

Tim Abney
IECC

So now we know how some people get such good mileage on the economy run,
their cars actually make gas instead of burning it!

Gary Swiatowy