<VV> Re: Gas overflow

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 1 18:20:55 EDT 2005

You probably got a totally full tank of cold gas, which now has expanded in
the heat and caused the overflow.  Most gas tanks have an air space
engineered into the top of the tank to absorb this extra volume.  I had a
case some years back when the guy that installed the interior in my van ran
a bunch of screws into the top of the plastic tank.  These leaked enough air
so it was possible to fill the tank entirely full and take up the air space
with liquid.  It overflowed exactly as you describe.
Jim B.

.  I opened the gas door and removed the gas cap and
gasoline ran
out until it was level with the top of the filler.  I replaced the cap and
left it a few minutes, then observed that it was still dribbling (less) and
again removed the cap and had it run out.  What would cause this?  I've
never had
this happen before!

Thanks

-- Doug Mackintosh