<VV> RE:Convention Suggestions (minor Corvair)

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Mon Aug 1 19:57:22 EDT 2005

A friend of mine is the morning show host of the local oldies station (FM
and still playing '60s era music!) but when he does remotes, he gets paid to
do it.  Unless someone at the station is into Corvairs, I'd be surprised to
see a radio station doing remotes for free.

Talk radio.  Pah!

Actually, if you wanted to get a radio station to come, wouldn't you rather
get the local alternative rock station to come out?  We gotta make a market
for these cars, or we're gonna be screwed when the state takes our licenses
away.

I heard on the radio this morning that some idiot in Ann Arbor (they have
plenty there--apologies to Dr. H. who escaped while there was still time,
and to the staff of Car and Driver--it was Davis's fault, the pretentious
traitor) ran a stop sign and slammed into a '29 Duesenberg, killing three in
the vintage car.  This is the kind of crap you hear about listening to talk
radio (albiet NPR).  How depressing!

Norm Witte

8:10 p.m. Saturday, Superior Township. A Superior Township couple and their
three children were out for a ride in a vintage 1929 Duesenberg when it was
struck by a car driven by a 25-year-old Ann Arbor man. The family was
eastbound on Ford Road near Old Ford Road when their car was hit by a 2001
Volvo turning southbound onto Old Ford Road from westbound Ford Road.

The Duesenberg, which was a convertible and not equipped with seat belts,
rolled over several times, the sheriff's department reported. All five
people were ejected from the vehicle. Killed in the crash were Bradley
Patton, a 35-year-old Ypsilanti firefighter; his wife, Kristin Patton, a
35-year-old nursing student at Eastern Michigan University; and their
8-year-old son, Nathan.

The couple's two daughters, 7-year-old Emily and 10-year-old Taylor, were
taken to the U-M Medical Center with serious injuries, Egeler said. Police
arrested the driver of the Volvo, and he was later released pending formal
charges, Egeler said. Police do not believe speed or alcohol were factors,
Egeler said.

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org