<VV> oil filter and alternator mount bolts...

AKG hdflstf at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 1 20:18:07 EDT 2005

Well then don't settle for the off the shelf 18-8 stainless bolts.  Make
sure to use A286.  Also no threading into aluminum allowed so go get
yourself a bunch of Rosan inserts and install them first but don't forget to
coat the outside threads with Super Koropon primer as you wouldn't want to
start galvanic corrosion.
Preferred method to tighten bolts is by the stretch method as it eliminates
a bunch of variables.  Problem is most applications do not lend themselves
to measuring stretch i.e. blind holes.
Titanium fasteners have their own set of problems..

Resident Space Shuttle Rocket Scientist (really)
The Artful Dodger