<VV> Portland

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 1 21:21:06 EDT 2005

Joel,

Glad you had a great convention experience. This is the first one I've
missed since Daytona, but I plan to be in Buffalo.

As for why the concours and show and shine are early in the week instead of
Saturday, let me tell what I was told and it makes sense to me. Competitors
for the Cole Award have to compete in all events. It would be unfair to have
them compete in the driving events prior to the concours, because of all the
cleaning required to score well. By having the coucours first, they can
bring their cars to the event, precleaned :o), and then have fun in the
driving events without worrying about getting the car dirty.

However, I understand what you are saying about people that can only attend
on the weekend, not being able to see all the cars. My suggestion would be
to have a "parc ferme" on Saturday, after the autocross, for the concours
cars, and possibly make it a requirement for concours and Cole award
entrants. And if you do that, you might as well move the "show and shine",
for those of us too lazy to enter concours :o), to Saturday as well.

I understand, time may be tight between the autocross and the banquet, but I
think it would fit. It might even be worked into the social hour, before the
banquet.

As for me, I always arrive at the convention early, get awed by the
concours, wowed at the auto cross, then hit the highway for home :o). Sorry,
but I'm not a banquet kind of guy.................

Marc Sheridan

From: "Western Canada CORSA" <westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca>