<VV> Portland

Greg Bilodeau pt1cglb at telusplanet.net
Mon Aug 1 23:23:36 EDT 2005

Hey All:
We made it home from Portland about an hour ago and I have to say we had
a great time!!! It was great to put a face to the names I see on the
forum. We had a good trip down but had some bad luck on the way home.
About 100 miles east of Portland I noticed the engine temp starting to
rise, the ambient temp was 101 deg. thinking that it was just the fact
that it was smokin hot out was causing the increase I pressed on
thinking the temp would level out, it didn't. As I let my foot off the
gas to slow down it was like I slammed the brakes on I guess because
they were ON!! The master cylinder had failed and the last time I had
touched the pedal they stayed on. Funny I didnt notice the engine
working any harder. We pulled off the side of the highway and let me
tell you all four wheels were smokin!!! While we were standing there
trying to decide what to do next one of the front brake hoses blew off
dumping all the brake fluid. Lucky for us we were traveling with Craig
Nicol and he let us put the Spyder on his trailer and let me drive his
Evening Orchid Corsa. We made it back to Craig's and pulled the brakes
to find all the brake hardware fried. We worked till midnight last night
and a couple hours this mourning to get her back on the road. The trip
home today went just fine. I have a major brake overhaul ahead of me as
everything was cooked, does anyone have two NOS or good used brake drums
they would be willing to part with??? Let me know off line if you do.
I have to extend a hugh public THANK YOU to Craig Nicol for all of his
help, we would not have made home today if it were not for him.

Greg & JoAnn Bilodeau
62 Spyder vert