<VV> (no subject)

Philip Alotis alotis at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 00:45:22 EDT 2005

Man this electric fan thing is way out of hand but....

I just have to add a couple of lines now.

The electric fan car at Portland WAS IN FACT towed from Arizona.
I Talked with Tom the evening he arrived and he told me the car was assembled
the night before and said he towed it to Portland in a twelve hour trip.  It has a rather
"experimental" blow thru the carbs turbo set-up that he admitted was blowing fule
out the throttle shafts.  The mechanical fule pump had no provision for correcting the
fule pressure to compensate for boost so there can't be much boost.

Having said all that I must add that he seems to be a really nice guy and sounded sincere
about his fan system and claims to have another car running with one as a daily driver.
As much as I want to believe it works I just can't see how 1/2 of an electric horsepower
can do the job.  No way, no how.

Overkill Phil