<VV> 140 vs 180

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Tue Aug 2 01:52:29 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Upham" <contactsmu at sbcglobal.net>

> I've been looking for a sports Corvair to add to the stable while I'm
> working on rebuilding the engine on the '65 sedan.  >
> Stephen Upham

************
Hi Stephen; if you already have a stocker or 2, you might seriously look at
a v6/v8 Vair as a " sports vair" addition.
I believe these "Instant-T_T_T_Torque" machines to be overall more reliable
than a stock corvair, and if you have superhuman resistance to hitting the
loud pedal every few seconds, actually will mosy along at 65 or so just fine
... and get decent mileage while doing so ... .  a Quadrajet will make
everything work plumb dandy ....
           I see these for sale fairly often; if this idea interests you, be
sure to get very acquainted with the realities of these before trying and
buying ... most of the ones I have seen were lacking the final cooling
touches ... mainly  well designed radiator shrouding, and a BIG electric fan
(g) ... apparently the builder puts one together, and cant wait to drive the
thing before the cooling is worked out properly.
Just some thoughts; ken campbell deltawerkes