<VV> RADIO, was :Convention Suggestions (NO Corvair)

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Tue Aug 2 10:05:02 EDT 2005

Actually I'm a "Fungus 53" punk rock fan along with the "oldies alternatives" stations, but Hank's Place (classic country), Frank's Place (torch songs), and
Bluegrass Junction see a lot of play as well.

I have 2 Roady 2's (to move back and forth between cars) and love them... even have a home setup to use one of the portable units on my home stereo
system. The built-in FM modulator is good (and means the unit will play in any car with an FM radio) but the sound quality is better with a direct connect (if
your stereo has an aux input like for  an MP3 player) or even with a cassette adapter.) There is a 4th choice (in line FM modulator that fits on the car's
antenna wire) which is better than the straight modulator, but still not as good as the direct connect options.

I just rented a car that had the competitor Sirius system in it. They had a few interesting channels that I'd like to have ("First Wave Alternative", "Garage"
covering raw basic recordings from the 50's on up, etc) but I really disliked the Audiovox tuner. You couldn't scan what was on other channels without
changing to them (at least I couldn't figure out how to) and it took 5-6 seconds for the aritist information to come up, making channel surfing a real chore.

Bill Elliott