<VV> A couple questions about my 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo Convt.

Bryan Schaefer bschaefer65 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:55:38 EDT 2005

I am wrapping up a restoration of my '65 Turbo Convt. and need to know a
couple things about temperature. I have about 150 miles on a complete
overhaul. What is the optimal temp range for the operation? It is currently
operating in the 300 to 390 range. Never getting over the 400 mark and under
the 300 after the engine has warmed up. The outside temp is between 85 and
95. This guage receives it's information from the thermister in the bottom
of the left head, right? The Temp/Press light recieves it's information from
the sending units in the bottom right head and the chrome "T" where the oil
feel line to turbo is located, right? How do I make sure these are woking
properly?

What is the normal level of boost from a stock turbo? How can I be sure this
guage is functioning properly?

Also, I am installing repo rocker panel trim and did not remove before paint
so I don't know how the mounting bracket goes back on the car.

The rear cove trim has a foam spacer that goes over the posts between the
casting and the body, can any one suggest suitable replacement materials and
methods?

thanks, Bryan