<VV> A couple questions about my 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo Convt.

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 18:11:40 EDT 2005

Bryan,
I have a '66 turbovert.  Your indicated temps are in line with what I see on
my car.  I'd suggest removing the lower shrouds to reduce the high end
temps.  With shrouds, my car ran about 350 for normal hiway cruising and
would nudge over 400 if your were "getting' it on".  Removing the shrouds
brought everything down to 300 or a tad more. Boost goes to about half
scale.
Jim B.

What is the normal level of boost from a stock turbo? How can I be sure this

guage is functioning properly?