<VV> AM radio

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 2 17:01:54 EDT 2005

Until about the late '50s, WLS was the "Prairie Farmer" station.  Heard
things like the price of hogs and cattle and what the weather was doing on
that station.  My crystal radio kit set (I was a youngster then) would ONLY
bring in that station since the broadcast tower was about 2 1/2 miles from
our home.  Yes, when they went to Rock (then called Rock and Roll) AFAIK,
Biondi was one of their early regulars.  By then, I was listening on a
portable "tubeless" (transistor) radio.

This would have been about roughly the same time (required content) that
Corvairs were hitting the show rooms.

Later, JR