<VV> Stock wheels or not??? - das poll

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Tue Aug 2 17:04:25 EDT 2005

In my opinion you should start with the desired tire size and work backwards...

You don't need more than 6" in the front (and can't easily fit more than 7") and for most uses you don't need more than 7" in the back (I've mounted 8.5"
wide rims and they fit but looked silly).

15's better than 14's due to the better availability of tires. 14's in our desired diameters are getting as rare as the appropriate 13's got 6 or 7 years ago.

Bill