<VV> A/C blower motor problems for a '66

Wayne Broadhead afvair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:00:12 EDT 2005

Hello Corvair friends,

While on my way to the Portland Convention in my 1966 vair, my brother
said to me that he didn't think my A/C blower motor was putting out
much air.  Not having any other corvairs with A/C in the club, I had
nothing to compare the output too.

When arriving at the convention, I met a couple of folks who had A/C
in their late body vairs, and were kind enough to start their engines
and run the A/C for me.  Sure enough, my A/C was blowing about half of
what it should.

First we thought that hoses were off...we checked and they were on
fine. Then we thought maybe the motor was not getting a full 12 volts.
 So we got out a voltmeter from my handy VAIR Travel Tool box, and
tested it.   We got 10-11 volts, good enough.  Then we decided the
motor itself must have some windings that are burnt.  When I arrived
home, I took the motor out, and sure enough I saw some burnt windings,
which would certainly slow down the speed of the motor.

I checked out the Clarks and Underground catalog and saw NO blower
motors for sale.  Does anyone out there know if these are available
new from any sources?  I called Checker and AutoZone...and they only
have the heater blower motor.  Do any of you members of "AirVair"
have a source?

Does anyone have a 66 style A/C blower motor that they want to sell?
Email me off line with conditon and price.

Thanks alot,
Wayne Broadhead
Bonneville Corvair Club