<VV> Corvair/Engine test stands

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 22:59:30 EDT 2005

Guy,

With all of you running engines on tires and sheets of plywood, I thought
I'd chime in with a description of our club engine stand. The stand is made out
of welded up angle steel with an empty diff case. The bottom of the stand is
about a foot and a half longer than the engine for stability. The legs have
wheels to make it easy to move around and screw down legs to keep it in one
place. There's even a tray for the battery tray and a control panel with
ignition switch. The whole thing puts the engine up around waist height to make  it
real easy to work on.

Sure beats chasing an engine across the GWB...

Ned