<VV> fanz - SPAL #30102113

Ron ronh at owt.com
Wed Aug 3 12:44:41 EDT 2005

There isn't any "pressure buildup" in the Corvair engine, it's just that
that is the pressure needed to get enough air flow through the fins to cool
it adequately.  Only larger and wider spaced fins would lower it.  The sole
purpose of deflashing is to reduce this flow resistance and there isn't much
else that can be done.  The shrouding has nothing much to do with it.
Since a fan can only develop 10% of the pressure of the Corvair blower at
the required mass flow rate, it's obvious that the air flow will be much
less.  In fact, it works out to less than a third of what the engine needs.
All skeptics should buy that $600 electric fan kit and try it so the rest of
us can have a good laugh.

RonH