<VV> 65 140 stalling

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 22:36:30 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/3/2005 7:13:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gold1969corvair at yahoo.com writes:

> I currently have a 65 140 Corsa engine hooked to my 69 powerglide. It has
> been this way for three years, never had any major problems till now!
> Everytime it gets above 90 degrees outside, the car will stall out and die. It only
> does this after about 10-15 minutes of driving. When I am on the highway, it
> is fine, responsive, and has plenty of pep. When I hop on city roads, it
> hesitates then dies. If I can get it started, I rev it up, drop it into
> drive....and it kills. The car has to sit for about an hour until it restarts. I have a
> mostly stock engine, chrome fuel lines, Clark's exhaust extractor system,
> crane fireball ignition, new blue streak cap, rotor, new 8mm wires, newer
> platinum plugs, k&n air filter, I run the factory air cleaner lid upside down to
> move more air. The car was retimed, and the idle checked, ran fine all
> weekend. My 69 500 is driven everyday, and just recently this problem has started.
> It has stalled twice in about a month. This time, it was on the side!
> of a
> busy highway. I had to shell out $45 to get her towed away before the
> milwaukee cops do! PLEASE HELP!!
> Thanks,
> Karl
> 69 500 #5465
> 67 Monza (soon to be Yenko)

Sure sounds like the classic "vapor loc"    Check your fuel pressure  3-5psi
while running......make sure the rubber hoses[2]  in the system are good....

Do you have ALL  of the shrouding on? [ You can see NO  daylight when looking
down in the engine compartment ]

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug