<VV> 65 140 stalling

Karl Behrens gold1969corvair at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 22:13:00 EDT 2005

I currently have a 65 140 Corsa engine hooked to my 69 powerglide. It has been this way for three years, never had any major problems till now! Everytime it gets above 90 degrees outside, the car will stall out and die. It only does this after about 10-15 minutes of driving. When I am on the highway, it is fine, responsive, and has plenty of pep. When I hop on city roads, it hesitates then dies. If I can get it started, I rev it up, drop it into drive....and it kills. The car has to sit for about an hour until it restarts. I have a mostly stock engine, chrome fuel lines, Clark's exhaust extractor system, crane fireball ignition, new blue streak cap, rotor, new 8mm wires, newer platinum plugs, k&n air filter, I run the factory air cleaner lid upside down to move more air. The car was retimed, and the idle checked, ran fine all weekend. My 69 500 is driven everyday, and just recently this problem has started. It has stalled twice in about a month. This time, it was on the side of a
 busy highway. I had to shell out $45 to get her towed away before the milwaukee cops do! PLEASE HELP!!
Thanks,
Karl
69 500 #5465
67 Monza (soon to be Yenko)