Fw: <VV> Corvette Guys & Corvair Parts

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Aug 4 11:13:26 EDT 2005

Mike;

I have no intention of slandering or a pre-judgement of any one group of vehicle owners. As you know, most of the folks in the collector car world think WE are all nuts.

Just my personal observations.

THough we Corvair folks are a strange breed, I have to say that Corvette owners are even stranger.

There are exceptions to every rule, and I have met many Corvette owners who feel they have a true cross to bear, trying to be extra nice to other car enthusiasts they meet, because of the many, well, other Corvette enthusiasts that make up the majority of the owners out there.

My Western Auto Dist. Mgr. asked me once, to go over to the Corvette display at the Charlotte Autofair and ask some of the owners for an idea of what his vette might sell for, giving me some of the specs of that car.  As soon as these folks (about 10 of them) found out that I
1.DIDN'T OWN A VETTE
2.COULDN'T AFFORD TO BUY ONE

They walked away from me like I had AIDS or Leprosy or something.

I have to deal with many Vette owners in my job as a CSR for Steele Rubber. Some are nice, and understanding folks.
Others....well.....

Overall,I have come to the conclusion that...Generally..
The difference between a Corvette and a Porcupine is..

All of the pricks on a Porcupine are on the outside. A Corvette normally has at least one inside.

Regards
HANK