<VV> Corvette Guys

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 12:12:59 EDT 2005

Hey Hank,
I share your sentiment and assessment. I encountered several who will put their car on display in a show and project a ton of attitude if you walk over to look at it. The same with the women they bring; they aren't wearing much, but the guy gets his knickers in a wad if you glance at her and if you happen to actually say a single word to her, well OH GEEZ!!! What a travesty!
You're right. You can't mention "Corvair" to a Vette owner. You'd get more respect if you said "Peugot," I think because they don't know what that is. In fact, when the conversation strays away from them and their car, the conversation's over.
My car show running buddy is my grandson Chico, who'll be 8 on Saturday. Last year we walked up to a mildly-customized late Vette, and before we could even get to the car, the owner comes flying over hollering "Don't let him touch my car!" I don't know why he picked Chico out of a crowd of about 20,000, but I quietly and calmly let him know if he screamed at my grandson again, I'd polish his hood with his teeth. He apologized, but couldn't keep from putting a lot of attitude into it. It gave me a chance to do a good three minutes on what type of idiot shows a car when he doesn't want people to look at it, including why my granson would lower himself to touch his car.
I've known a few 'Vette owners, and only two fit it with all us other weirdos. One is a best friend who got the car long after we met and hasn't joined a club. The other had the attitude, but his wife was an immensely sweet and sociable bridge to relations with us mere mortals. When you buy a 'Vette, do you get a gold-trimmed "Prick" certificate?
I'm just glad I'm in a group of great people who share interest in a teriffic car, without rubbing in everyone else's nose. We know what we have!

Chuck Kubin

Overall,I have come to the conclusion that...Generally..
The difference between a Corvette and a Porcupine is..

All of the pricks on a Porcupine are on the outside. A Corvette normally has at least one inside.