<VV> Corvette Guys

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Thu Aug 4 12:24:52 EDT 2005

"Real men don't drive plastic cars"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Kubin" <dreamwoodck at yahoo.com>
To: <kaczmarek at charter.net>; <VirtualVairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:12 AM
Subject: <VV> Corvette Guys

Hey Hank,
I share your sentiment and assessment. I encountered several who will put
their car on display in a show and project a ton of attitude if you walk
over to look at it. The same with the women they bring; they aren't wearing
much, but the guy gets his knickers in a wad if you glance at her and if you
happen to actually say a single word to her, well OH GEEZ!!! What a
travesty!
You're right. You can't mention "Corvair" to a Vette owner. You'd get more
respect if you said "Peugot," I think because they don't know what that is.
In fact, when the conversation strays away from them and their car, the
conversation's over.
My car show running buddy is my grandson Chico, who'll be 8 on Saturday.
Last year we walked up to a mildly-customized late Vette, and before we
could even get to the car, the owner comes flying over hollering "Don't let
him touch my car!" I don't know why he picked Chico out of a crowd of about
20,000, but I quietly and calmly let him know if he screamed at my grandson
again, I'd polish his hood with his teeth. He apologized, but couldn't keep
from putting a lot of attitude into it. It gave me a chance to do a good
three minutes on what type of idiot shows a car when he doesn't want people
to look at it, including why my granson would lower himself to touch his
car.
I've known a few 'Vette owners, and only two fit it with all us other
weirdos. One is a best friend who got the car long after we met and hasn't
joined a club. The other had the attitude, but his wife was an immensely
sweet and sociable bridge to relations with us mere mortals. When you buy a
'Vette, do you get a gold-trimmed "Prick" certificate?
I'm just glad I'm in a group of great people who share interest in a
teriffic car, without rubbing in everyone else's nose. We know what we have!

Chuck Kubin

Overall,I have come to the conclusion that...Generally..
The difference between a Corvette and a Porcupine is..

All of the pricks on a Porcupine are on the outside. A Corvette normally has
at least one inside.

the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/