<VV> fanz - SPAL #30102113

Ebarr19 at aol.com Ebarr19 at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 12:07:55 EDT 2005

With all this talk about fans, Let me tell you what didn't work and what  did
for me with my autocross car.
 It is a 63 coupe it had a 102 engine with automatic, I installed a  14"
electric fan with a separate switch and ran off the battery only ( no  generator)
DIDN'T WORK !!! Some of you may remember at the Chicago  2001 convention
autocross every time I dropped it into drive at the  line it stalled and had to
turn off the fan to go, later turn it back on  and lost a lot of power during the
run.
  I added an alternator and had no more power loss during autocross  runs or
over heating problems, have not been out on a road coarse or on the
interstate to see how it would perform.
  I installed a 110 engine this past year and have not added the  electric
fan yet and may not as I have enough power to match my talent!
 Gene Barr
64- Fitch Sprint
63 coupe ( The Geezer )
76 Fiat X/19