<VV> Corvette Guys

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Aug 4 13:51:00 EDT 2005

Bill

A few years back, my friend Eric and I were ass-tearing one of the local back roads in his 65 Monza. Crown swaybar,
springs with one coil removed, a hot handler.

We went around a early 70s Mustang (on a narrow 2 ln rd)like he was parked. Then the Mustang tried to follow us, didn't do too well but we still saw him in the rearview.

When we got to Eric's home, they were still behind us. We weren't sure what they were going to do, so when they pulled in to the driveway (it was 9 PM or so and dark except for a backyard light on a utility pole), they were looking at us, the Monza, my .357 S&W, and Eric's Colt Python revolver.

Immediately they informed us they weren't looking for any trouble. (smart move!!)

All they wanted was "What the hell kind of car is that?, what's under the hood?, can we look at it??". And they hung out for nearly an hour. I guess due to their age (early 20's) they knew nothing of the Corvair. Since then one of the guys has bought one.

Hank