<VV> Corvette Guys

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 15:18:48 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/4/2005 9:49:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
chaz at properproper.com writes:

OK, I  withdraw the comment ...

It's just that, while the Corvette is a hot  car, it's SUPPOSED to be hot.

The Corvair's real "claim to fame" is  that it was marketed as an ECONOMY
car, not as a "hot car."

The  Corvair's qualities are understated, rather than overstated, a "sleeper"

if you will.

Acquaintances say "Oh, (only a ) Cor-VAIR ? I thought  you said Cor-VETTE."

When they see it, and especially drive in it, they  are suitable impressed,
expecting a typical economy car.

It's nice  to see their impressions turn around, exceeding their
expectations.   I'm sorry, but like I said, Corvettes are SUPPOSED to be hot;
Corvairs  just ARE.

Apologies if I ruffled feathers  ...

I get a kick out of people the first time they ride in or watch the
tailights fade into the distance
when my right foot gets heavy in my PT Cruiser Turbo.

Almost makes me wish my Corvairs were as fast... Then again....  HMMMMmmmmm.

Sounds like a goal.

Tim Abney
IECC