<VV> OT Corvette People

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Aug 4 16:46:53 EDT 2005

>BTW- you should see
>the '67 427 vert on Ebay that was sold new at Yenko
>Chevrolet - was at 145K and rising yesterday.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-435HP-RDSTR-1967-427-435HP-CORVETTE-ROADSTER-S-DOCS-YENKO-CHEVY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6168QQitemZ4566366649QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Interesting and was a great example of Chevrolet marketting. 3,754 sold
with the 435 hp engine. 20 sold with the 430 hp engine with twice the
option price. Of course its the L-88 that brings the really big bucks but
all it takes on e-Bay is two "persons" with more money than branes.

Obviously this car will never get driven more than the 22,000 on the odo
and the type of owner expected is exemplified by this: "THE TOP OF THE TANK
WAS CUT OFF AND SEALED IN PLEXI GLASS WITH THE TANK STICKER STILL IN PLACE
". For display only.

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful car but not really that rare (N-11
off road exhaust was only on 36 cars but is that mentioned or even
completely pictured ?)

Sorry but when I came back from SEA one of my first purchases (after a
quart of fresh milk) was a 63 Split Window FI car for $1000. Had been a
race car from day one and was my B/P ticket to enjoyment. Wound up with
three or four Corvettes and quite a number of fuel injections (SCCA rules
were quite strict and specific about carbs abot then sair "or fuel
injection" - got one over 900 CFM) but all were a means to an end (cheapest
way for a GMI student to go racing) and not a coffee table.

Still if you really want to get one of them types knickers in a twist, just
walk up and casually say something like "I thought Delco-Packard plug wires
were embossed and not silk screened that year" or "didn't the factory shift
knob have a closed 4 on the gate ?" and then walk off.

Padgett