<VV> Re: BIASED REPORT ON CONVENTION ok you asked for it.

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 21:42:02 EDT 2005

from my point of veiw (non participant that flew in from the east) the oregon
 convention was very well handled, tours we took went off without a
hitch..other than almost leaving the tour guide at a winery.. got lots of pictures, had
a nice hospitality room, nice dinner cruise, not as many cars as east coast
shows , but some darn nice ones. vendor room was good sized.  my only minor
gripes: choice of eatery for us walkers was hospitality room , or expensive but
ok restaurant. no lower price options that i could find closeby (well ,safe to
walk to),so spent a lot of corvair parts money on fancy food...im not upset
over it but heard others..                             grand scenery also!
the valve cover race was a neat location , but that track? and just a person
to determine winner, not electronic timer,(but most runs were no contest this
year) and the stop caused car damage. pictures show the uneveness of the 2
lanes near the start. it was still a great fun event! i did not get to watch
other moving events (my own fault,or wifeys)
 it is very hard to put things like this together and keep everyone happy,
but from my minor position there i heard very little complaints. you did get
your exercise getting around (my wife has walking troubles), but i need more
exercise anyhow.   so my rating?  "hard to beat"  thanks to all.  very glad we
came out there.(have 1200 + pictures to sort yet also)
regards, tim colson