<VV> Re: BIASED REPORT ON CONVENTION ok you asked for it.

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Thu Aug 4 23:03:17 EDT 2005

Cheaper eats were toward the shopping mall....Denny's and a place called TJs
<or was it BJs?>   likely more nerby...such as Shari's and Elmers near
PIR -- 1.5 mile walk   ALL safely walked via the bike trails....

Now as to the number of cars.....Did you notice very few comp cars  but lots
of street mods????   just the opposite of the "eastern" conventions.  I
really enjoy the different Corvair view the western members take.....

I too was a non participant -- except begging Rich Sheppard for a ride in
his Red Turbo daily driver to do the NECC PIR time trials.   THANKS RICH
getting used to 80 series tires and stock suspension after running road
racing slicks and a CP car took a lap or two....but what FUN.   I adapted a
tad better than Brian, the ice cream man, Oneil,  to take the top stock
tweety!!!! I'll chase another tweety at BeaveRun in a couple of weeks  <IF,
ok when, I get the car running again by then>

Kevin Willson was kind enough to let me do a couple of fun runs in his
street mod after the autocross .....WOW.  that car is something.  Sounds
good and goes VERY WELL.   thanks Kevin.

I heard very few complaints.  It was a relaxed atmosphere, not overly busy.
Nice job by all the clubs up Oregon way

tim mahler
62,68 Fitch Sprints
#3 Goodwrench car