<VV> Re: blow up about questions about electric fans

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Fri Aug 5 14:36:20 EDT 2005

Bob, this generous offer interests me a lot, but naturally I've got some
potential quibbles.
     First, I live 250 miles from the closest hill, never mind mountain. I
might not be able to give the thing a test that would satisfy everyone. I DO
live in a perpetually hot climate AND with A/C and a 140, I've got an
inherently challenging example from the thermal point of view. And it's 100%
stock on the points that matter (condenser placement, cooling-system tin,
etc.).
     I also have the equipment and other abilities to document this matter
well, EXCEPT (again) I do NOT have a calibrated temperature gauge on the
car - just the factory gauge (which IS working). I should warn you that the
Communique has not carried my recent article offerings, so I can't guarantee
that they would carry what I produced out of this effort, either.
     While there is MUCH commentary and speculation on this kit, I haven't
encountered much factual information, such as: are there installation
instructions? Could I review them before committing? Probably my main point
of concern is whether the modification can be reversed in the event I don't
wish to keep using it.
     Your offer is a real public service - the seller himself should be
making it, of course.
     There - that's MY application. I hope you get many good (better?) ones.
Award to the one that seems most likely to yield the desired INFORMATION, of
course.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C