<VV> Communique article rejections was RE: blow up electric fans

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sat Aug 6 09:32:20 EDT 2005

Joe -

Yours is the 3rd story I've heard about the Communique rejecting articles.
The other two folks (whom I respect very much) were told that they had
articles that were too technical and not of interest to the "general
reader".  This is pretty disheartening to those of us inclined to write on
such matters ourself.  I'm wondering what the problem is?  I don't think
every issue should be packed cover-to-cover with non-stock tech, but if
decent quality material is out there, it ought to be published.  CORSA
membership has been dropping and the membership has been greying for many
years -- we need to do things to keep the hobby interesting to ALL members.
I for one am bored to tears when Communiques are filled with reports of
local mall shows and cruise nights.  If you don't know the people, who
cares?  Where's the beef?

Younger Vair owners are (often) the ones most interested in such technical
articles.  If we continue to reject them, these folks unfortunately may see
little reason to join CORSA. That's not good for anyone in the long term as
I think CORSA provides the backbone that maintains interest in the marque
which helps support the vendors, who keep us all in parts, etc. etc.

If anyone out there has had an article rejected by the Communique, let's
hear the details, including the "official" reasons.  I didn't realize this
was such a problem until I'd heard similar stories from a few guys.  It
doesn't take long for such warnings to get around...  If there's some dirty
laundry, better to air it and resolve it.
Communiques that have some technical meat to them are an incentive to join
CORSA, especially to younger guys.

Jim Burkhard