<VV> Re: book em, Danno

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sat Aug 6 10:12:45 EDT 2005

> original snipped
> "I have a feeling I'm going to look dumb but here goes:
>
> Can you look up personal info by a vehicle license plate? I got into
> an altercation with someone tonite and he took down my plate number.
> There was nothing physical or collision involved. He said he was going
> to  have my license revoked permantely and have my car towed and said I
> didn't know who I was messing with. My wife is all upset and scared.
> Any  comments?
>
> > Lloyd"

If his actions made you or your wife feel threatened, it's assault, and you can file a complaint and the cops will go talk to him.  A punk went ballistic at an ATM One town over and threatened my 19 year old daughter one night last year.   She went to report the situation, and the cops suggested she file a complaint. The punk hollered some ethnic slurs (She IS well tanned, but...) so it qualified as a hate crime.  It turns out they knew him for similar episodes, and he did a few days jail time and is in a very sensitive probation situation for a while.

If your situation started off small, and you both (all) contributed to the escalation of the incident, maybe he is filing a complaint against you.

My 52 year old NY wife is (and always has been) quick to rise to even the perception of a challenge while driving.  Tailgate, honk, or gesture at your peril.
If she thinks yu cut her off, look out.  More than once after hearing one of her traffic reports I have expected to receive flat tires or even our dog's head on the doorstep.  Maybe a weekend in jail would help cool her off.