<VV> Tires

Splyder64 at insightbb.com Splyder64 at insightbb.com
Sat Aug 6 10:44:31 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have a '64 Spyder convertible which I've owned for six years now.It is not
stock and has split bumpers, custom console and non-Corvair seats, all of
which,
I think, adds to its personality.
I currently have 13" radial ww tires with the three prong wire wheel covers.
I am ready for a new set of tires and would like to get more into a
performance tire. I am not racing, nor do I want to. I would like to get
something probably wider and lower to give better handling and a sportier
apperance. I could stick with the 13" size, or go to 14", or even 15" if it is
not too complicated with all the clearances and offsets.
Would love to hear any suggestions from early owners who have made some
changes on their Corvairs. Also the not-recommended sizes are probably as
important as the recommended sizes.
I've seen different size tires on the front than on the back, is this a
recommended option? Looking forward to hearing from other Corvair lovers.
Thank you,
Pete Lapitsky