<VV> Help with Interior question on my son's 66 Corsa

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sat Aug 6 16:25:09 EDT 2005

Hi Gang,

I have the sinking suspicion that Clark's sent me the wrong interior seat
covers for my son's 66 Corsa.

I checked the delivery sheet, and it shows that they shipped part number
C6197 which is a full upholstery set for a 1966 Coupe BUT...

The rear seat cushions were too short length wise (by roughly 5 inches or
so) AND... the front seat covers have absolutely NO horizontal bar near the
top.

Every picture I've been able to find on the web of a 1966 Corvair shows
seats with five vertical bars and ONE horizontal bar near the top.  With
three chrome buttons on each front seat and 8 chrome buttons on the rear
seat.

The seat covers (front) that clark's sent me have 15 vertical bars and no
horizontal bar near the top.

The thing that makes me ill... is that I have already paid to have the front
seats recovered and am waiting on receipt of the correct rear seat cushions.

Can someone tell me if Clark's sent me the correct seat covers or incorrect
seat covers?

Kind Regards,

Joe West

 "Enzo Ferrari had a dream and Ferdinand Porsche crushed it!"