<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 80

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Aug 7 09:28:53 EDT 2005

>There is a story that an early convertable named "Pinky" was built for
>Bill Mitchel after the Super Monza and it was equiped with a three speed
>THM.

Unlikely - the 400 was designed for big blocks and was introduced on 1965
models. The 350 was considerably later (1969 ?). For an early I suspect
they might have adapted the "Switch-Pitch" torque converter that allowed
the 2-speed Jetaway to be advertised as a three speed.

If I wind up with a PG car am going to look into a lockup torque converter
to lower the revs, have the engine run cooler, and increase highway MPG. Is
one of the few things that can do all three without affecting performance.

Padgett