<VV> Need (Non-Moving) LM A/C Part

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Sun Aug 7 21:44:38 EDT 2005

One of the few corners I cut installing the factory A/C in my 66 Corsa was
the brace (shown on Page 194 of Clark's reprint of the installation
instructions) that holds the corner of the dash at the right-hand edge of
the gap that the cable controls are installed in. My dash has been rattling
the whole eight years since then, and I've decided to do something about it.
     The part I need would be easy to fabricate if I knew its dimensions
(and angles - there are two of them), but in the installation, the part is
used as a TEMPLATE for the drilling of one hole in the body, and I'd like to
get that hole in the right place, or close to it. As it is, the part also
would lurk in any wrecked A/C car, in condition perfect (rusty) for my use.
I must have overlooked it in my donor car, or it didn't have one.
     If you have this part and don't want to part with it, even for
thousands of dollars, I'd love to BORROW it (I've done this before through
the good and trusting offices of a fellow Corvair lover) so that I can mock
it up (and drill that hole). Failing both of these, if anyone cares to send
me a PICTURE of one, with a ruler judiciously placed in the picture, with or
without actual measurements, that would put me ahead of where I am.
     Thanks for the help.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with (incomplete) A/C