<VV> Carb Problems?

Kirk Eck kc_eck at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 8 10:01:42 EDT 2005

Okay I'm sure this is an easy fix that you guys have dealt with before, so please don't yell at me for asking a stupid question. I am having trouble with my 66 140.  Here is what it does, I start it up and it runs fine (in fact great).  I drive it for 15 minutes and then the idle is way up, it idles so high that if left in gear it would probably go about 15 MPH.  It is not a stuck pedal, it just idles to high when warm, if I cut the idle down then it won't stay running when it is cold.  Another thing I noticed while messing with the carbs is that the fuel pump was leaking, so I tightened the screws on top and it seems to have stopped (not sure if this is related to the problem or not).  Also when it is warm it sputters occasionally, mainly when accelerating.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Kirk Eck