<VV> Discrepancies with main odo vs trip odo

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Mon Aug 8 11:10:55 EDT 2005

As I understand it the speedos were NOT recalibrated for the larger tires.... but have never seen confirmation of this. Can anyone provide proof either way?

Bill

>Joe and Rick,

>The only way that wear on a gearset would change ratio would be if a tooth were missing or they went completely out of mesh.  However '65 and '66 Corsa
Speedo/Odos were calibrated for differnt RPMs equaling 60 mph because the '65 came with 6:50 tires and the '66 was supplied with 7:00 (seven percent?).
Perhaps you have a mixture of '65 and '66 parts in your unit.