<VV> Discrepancies with main odo vs trip odo

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Mon Aug 8 11:00:37 EDT 2005

Joe and Rick,

The only way that wear on a gearset would change ratio would be if a tooth were missing or they went completely out of mesh.  However '65 and '66 Corsa Speedo/Odos were calibrated for differnt RPMs equaling 60 mph because the '65 came with 6:50 tires and the '66 was supplied with 7:00 (seven percent?). Perhaps you have a mixture of '65 and '66 parts in your unit.

Why don't you go out and check them againt the mile markers on the highway for about a 10 mile stretch each direction.  That should tell you which is most accurate and give you an always enjoyable drive in your Corvair.

Terry Kalp

<VirtualVairs at corvair.org>