<VV> RE: Communique article rejections

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Mon Aug 8 15:11:45 EDT 2005

Hi Harry,

I feel somewhat left out because it appears your comments address every
issue but mine.  Just curious why that is?

Based on your comments below, I would have expected my offer to submit a
tutorial on how to use the virtual vairs archive on
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com

virtualcorvairclub.com is a private, not-for-profit endeavor that hasn't had
a single donation to even cover expenses... it certainly cannot be
considered commercial.

Does learning to use a search engine on a Corvair specific database that
will soon reach 300,000 entries have no "redeeming value to our members" or
is it that CORSA fears such an article will simply be promoting a product?

Can you help me understand why my idea for an article in the Communique was
rejected?

Kind Regards,

Joe

>On 8/8/05 8:46 AM, "Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary"
><corsa at corvair.org> wrote:

> Hi--
<snip>
> You ask: "Anyhow, does the Communique reject out of hand any submissions 1)
> about commercial products  OR 2) from people who stand to gain from the
> publication of the article?" Short answer: No. Longer answer: We would
> welcome tech articles of from Rusty, Ray, Duane, or anyone else on their
> products if it has some (any) redeeming value to our members. We will not
> publish an article which SOLE purpose is to promote a product.
>
> Take care...
>
> --H

 "Enzo Ferrari had a dream and Ferdinand Porsche crushed it!"