<VV> Not technical at all - PG shift w/Corsa dash

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Mon Aug 8 17:22:01 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/8/2005 5:06:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:
And now for the real question: how do you put a Corsa dash into a 66 Monza
with PowerGlide ? Where does the shift quadrant/lever go ?

Padgett,
Sorry, I could have answered this one too... I knew a fellow who had a nice
Monza 'vert with a 140 and PG, and it had a Corsa dash in it. Someone had made
a console between the seats and installed speakers, am/fm radio in the console
and looped the PG cable under the passenger seat and put the shifter between
the seats, using the dash bezel.... it was actually a pretty cool set up...
I have no idea where that car is now, as he sold it quite a while back.
It sounds like a fun project, but my car has a bench seat
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)