<VV> Not technical at all

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 8 21:20:39 EDT 2005

Padgett,

You came in about 8 months or so late on that one.  The U shaped gasket, in
the opinion of many of us, is to be avoided.  They have been shown to not
allow the inner most gasket to seal properly and are subject to splitting
(and leaking) if torqued down far enough to get a proper seal in the center.
Newer stock is the U gasket.

Bob Helt did a Communque article on this - he can tell you just when it
appeared.

Later, JR