<VV> questions about corvair items,backup switch

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 9 01:21:19 EDT 2005

Most likely, you did a search on "Corvair" and anything with that word will
come up.  Yes - there WERE Corvair bicycles - I think they are from the
50s - but someone who is more into bikes can give you a better idea on that.
At least, they ARE real.

The "Corvair" watches (OK, I bought one) - wear it to shows and meetings -
are a bit of a gimmick, but they work accurately - better (WAY better) than
a Monza clock!

I'm pretty sure the Corvair Radios are legit, but don't know for certain.

The BU switch is on the bottom of the trans.  Often, it is mowed off - but
if the tranny is not leaking, at least the stub must still be in place.
There will be a couple of dangling wires in the area (well - if they did not
also get ripped away as well).  The wires are for the BU lights.

Later, JR