<VV> Re: rejection and alternate archive

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Aug 9 08:29:31 EDT 2005

>It is the natural progression of things... change.  I suspect what we will
>find is simply a younger group of people who prefer a forum format, and an
>older group of people that prefer email.

Errr I prefer a forum and have been working on my second half century for
some time, mailists are so 1980s and a throwback to a time before the web.
We have even been offered a free, modern, and dedicated slot on
http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php . Did I mention free ? The forum I
usually participate in has over 11000 threads and 63000 posts - for a car
that had only 20,000 built in four years.

Group even has GM permission to host the service manuals (all but one year
in .pdf) and the P&A online - and the service manuals are two inches thick.
Makes explaining technical questions much easier.

Real time access, inline graphics, hosted attachments, and no repetition of
posts (Eudora makes it easy to minimise quoting, threads make quoting
unnecessary). Even tells you which threads have not been read and which
have new postings. Egg in yer beer ?

Padgett