<VV> Elitist ?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Aug 9 09:06:20 EDT 2005

Receiving the mail does require subscription, but *anyone* can look at
the archives at http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/virtualvairs/.  For
that matter non-subscribers can post, but those posts have to be
approved.

What's kind of dumb about this conversation is that it's easy to just
go to the archives and read online if that's what you want to do - I
didn't have e-mail last week during the day so that's what I did.  You
could just be a member of the list so you can post, but set the
subscription to "no mail".

BTW, push vs pull is a point worth considering.  All the folks who keep
saying web forums are better for everyone seem to forget there's been a
Corvair web forum over at the Corvair Center for several years.  I'm
personally getting a little tired of being insulted like this,
especially since VV appears to still be a successful format.  If web
formats always worked better then nobody would use e-mail, but the
reality is that the dynamic of a "push" mechanism is different from
"pull".

--Bryan