<VV> About using Corvair Site.

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 9 15:46:58 EDT 2005

Lot of good comments.  Giving out info has two sides. Need to balance
getting new folks into the Corvair hobby and getting Corvair owners to be
CORSA members.  Yes, we certainly need to give info and encourage new owners
to get enthused and join in our hobby.

About  vendors making money off a book...  You might want to pass on to
other lists that the Tech Guide(s) were done by members for free for CORSA
to sell.  Similarly, The Corvair Basics book was also done by CORSA members
for the club to sell. Any profits were to support the club.  All this
information that is passed out isn't free.  Many of us freely give it, but
much of it came thru efforts-not a sudden revelation out of the blue. There
was a cost to get the info, in time, money, research, etc. There is no
payment required but we do want those of you who do not belong to CORSA to
consider joining.  We NEED your support and time, efforts, money,
attendance, participation etc.  Asking folks to join CORSA and expecting
them to do so is not unreasonable. CORSA is the reason we have a VV and an
archive to discuss.  VV is a chapter.  All of us within CORSA need you all
to join to help propagate the club.

Chuck S
BBRT