<VV> RE: Communique article rejection about using Corvair Site.

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Tue Aug 9 15:15:27 EDT 2005

Keith - First I was having a baaaaaaad day at Black Rock. I was about up
to the moon with "customers" who wanted hours and hours of free advice,
one right after another. No intention of buying anything - There was the
guy who complained (as I gave him 20 minutes of tech advice) that he had
to call on "his dime" to get me to talk to him. Then there was the guy
who asked me what was wrong with his engine, and dissagreed with
everthing I said  (why call me then??), then several folks who needed
lengthy technical assistance on parts they had purchased on E bay. Of
course there were multiple people upset with me because they had to wait
on hold for thier free advice on "thier dime". I'm not making any of
these instances up.

Yes, Keith it IS money. If Larry and Steve only answer 3 or 4 technical
questions a day - then they might consider that thier good deed for the
day, or thier hobby  helping people (like me taking time to do this
post?!) - but increase that tenfold and, when they're doing it for free,
it all comes down to money. Just like the newby who wanted free advice
and wouldn't pay that $20.00 for a great info book. I have had MANY
people over the years who see nothing odd about taking 30 minutes of my
time for tech but will flatly tell me "no" when I suggest they spend
$23.00 on a shop manual (Many of them become multiple callers for free
advice that is readily available in books that they REFUSE to purchase)

Remember -   You and I get 24 hours in a day - period.
Bill Gates and Donald Trump get 24 hours in a day too.
When the day's 24 hours are over you do not get them back
You cannot bank them,
You cannot move them around.
Unless you're Albert Einstien you cannot lengthen or compress them.
The 8, 10 or 12 hours a day you devote to "work" - did you make any
money or did you piss them away?

Good intentions do not get you, or anyone else, extra hours.
These are facts of  physical reality. Many MANY desperatly want to
believe that these facts do not exisit, or at least can be ignored.
What do you think? Lon