<VV> testing Tom's cooling system

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 13:59:46 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/9/05 8:38:38 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
crawfordrose at msn.com writes:

> many engaged in a  spirited debate about the electric fan used to cool a
> turbo motor and whether there was any evidence that it adequately cooled an
> engine.  I was amazed that an actual argument ensued over this irrelevant
> product that the corvair cheapskates will not purchase in a thousand years.

Crawford,
You miss the main points of this discussion. It makes no difference whether
Corvair "cheapskates" will buy such a product. The discussion is all one of how
well electric fan cooling actually works. There are two sides to this
technical discussion and actual test results are needed to bring the controversy to a
conclusion. Sort of like a ball game to see which is the better team, or a
fight to see who is the stronger contestant. It's done every day. Certainly
tests in school helped determine which student had the better grasp of a subject.
Testing is just a way of life. Running some actual tests is the only way I see
to determine whether a Corvair engine can be adequately cooled by this means.
I don't know how long you've been around Corvairs, but I know this discussion
has been going on for several decades now. So it might now be possible to
shed some light on the technical side of this discussion and leave the emotions
out of it. If we don't run a test by an independent third party, the controvesy
may just go on forever.
Regards,
Bob Helt