<VV> Help wanted for the latest spam scam - No Corvair

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 9 21:19:14 EDT 2005

Earthlink offers the same idea to subscribers at no extra charge. I
am in the process of
converting to this as I write. The biggest problem is establishing
the address book and
exceptions. I have resisted changing my spam setting to high but it
is getting to the point
where I am going to this method

Chuck Armer
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
At 07:56 PM 8/10/2005, you wrote:
>go to www.spamarrest.com and sign up (and pay money :-) ) -- you
>will never have spam again.  As a webmaster of many sites I get
>2-3000 pieces of spam PER DAY.  I get 20-50 real emails per
>day.  After using spamarrest I get only real email
>
>It is not a complicated concept --> they intercept your email and
>check against your "approved list" -- if it does not find a match
>they email the sender asking for a confirmation (which is made so a
>computer cannot answer).  If the sender confirms they are
>approved.  If not, I never see it!!!!!
>
>You do have to put some things in manually (like ebay.com,
>paypal.com, and mailing lists like this one).  They have provisions for these.
>
>Everything is wonderful except you have to pay 30 bucks a year.  I
>am contemplating developing a PC program to do the same thing with
>no need for annual fees.  Wonder if I could sell that for 30 bucks?
>

>At 05:45 PM 8/9/2005, grant young wrote:
>>I am sure some of you have started to get the latest Microsoft spam scam,
>>which I suspect is from some douche bag who thinks he can tie up their
>>system somehow. I have received it twice directly and 4 times indirectly
>>today. I have also found that the address to get removed from the list just
>>results in the message being sent back (indirect spam) to everyone on it -
>>cute. I wonder if there is someone out there who knows how to stop it, as
>>it seems to have gotten past all my fire walls and spam filters other than
>>one that requires all senders to be authorized (which I refuse to put
>>normal people through). Since it comes from a different address each time,
>>blocking senders has not workd.
>>Thanks,
>>Grant

>Eric S. Eberhard
>(928) 567-3727          Voice
>(928) 567-6122          Fax
>(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can
>leave a message)
>
>928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
>when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD