<VV> Help wanted for the latest spam scam - No Corvair

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicspdi.com
Wed Aug 10 19:56:01 EDT 2005

go to www.spamarrest.com and sign up (and pay money :-) ) -- you will
never have spam again.  As a webmaster of many sites I get 2-3000
pieces of spam PER DAY.  I get 20-50 real emails per day.  After
using spamarrest I get only real email

It is not a complicated concept --> they intercept your email and
check against your "approved list" -- if it does not find a match
they email the sender asking for a confirmation (which is made so a
computer cannot answer).  If the sender confirms they are
approved.  If not, I never see it!!!!!

You do have to put some things in manually (like ebay.com,
paypal.com, and mailing lists like this one).  They have provisions for these.

Everything is wonderful except you have to pay 30 bucks a year.  I am
contemplating developing a PC program to do the same thing with no
need for annual fees.  Wonder if I could sell that for 30 bucks?

At 05:45 PM 8/9/2005, grant young wrote:
>I am sure some of you have started to get the latest Microsoft spam scam,
>which I suspect is from some douche bag who thinks he can tie up their
>system somehow. I have received it twice directly and 4 times indirectly
>today. I have also found that the address to get removed from the list just
>results in the message being sent back (indirect spam) to everyone on it -
>cute. I wonder if there is someone out there who knows how to stop it, as
>it seems to have gotten past all my fire walls and spam filters other than
>one that requires all senders to be authorized (which I refuse to put
>normal people through). Since it comes from a different address each time,
>blocking senders has not workd.
>Thanks,
>Grant

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can
leave a message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and
lots of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html